I’ve develop into a agency believer in utilizing darkish mode on my telephone. Not due to its presumed battery-saving benefits (though these are nothing to sneeze at), however as a result of I’ve the unlucky behavior of studying in low-light (or practically no-light) circumstances, and darkish mode is lots gentler on my eyes.
Whereas Android has a system-wide darkish mode, it’s also possible to set your Google apps to point out in darkish or mild mode individually — for instance, in case you like utilizing mild mode for many apps throughout the day, however wish to use darkish mode for Docs on a regular basis.
Right here’s the way you set the mode for Docs, Sheets, or Slides on an Android telephone (this was examined on a Pixel 3 operating Android 12):
- Open your app and faucet on the “hamburger” strains within the higher left nook.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Close to the highest of the web page, you’ll see the hyperlink for the theme. Faucet on “Select theme” and choose both “Darkish,” “Mild,” or “System default.”
In case you are utilizing the darkish mode however it’s worthwhile to see a person doc within the mild mode as a substitute (for instance, so you may higher see the way it will look printed or to a different reader), you are able to do it from throughout the doc:
- Choose the three dots within the higher proper nook.
- Faucet on “View in mild theme.” If you wish to return to the darkish theme, simply comply with the identical instructions.
- Be aware that you may solely change the theme inside a doc if the app is utilizing the darkish theme or if the app is utilizing the system default and that is the darkish theme. If the app itself is utilizing the sunshine theme, or if it’s utilizing the system default and that’s the mild theme, you may’t change the theme to darkish inside a doc.